This newsreel footage produced in Germany by the US Group Control Council (USGCC) in August 1945 shows the loading of looted art in Berchtesgaden and Neuschwanstein Castle.

In June 1945 the Munich Central Collecting Point was opened in the former Nazi Party Headquarters close to the Königsplatz downtown Munich. Central Collecting Points were established in Munich and Wiesbaden, to house and sort the thousands of works of art being found by Monuments Men in repositories across Southern Germany, and the Central Collecting Point in Munich was designated to primarily hold ERR (Einsatzstab Reichsleiter Rosenberg) loot, Hitler and Goering’s collections, and other masterpieces found in Berchtesgaden, Neuschwanstein and the Altaussee salt mine.